The National Emergency Management Organisation (NEMO) invites all owners, operators of businesses and residents of the coastal communities of Arnos Vale, Villa, Calliaqua, Ratho Mill, Prospect, Salt Pond, Brighton, Diamond and Stubbs to a meeting at the Calliaqua Hard Court on Thursday, 28th February, 2019, beginning at 5:00 p.m.
The purpose of this community meeting is to sensitize persons to the CARIBE EWS Tsunami Ready Pilot Project which is being implemented on mainland Saint Vincent from Kingstown to Argyle (Parish of St. George). The Tsunami inundation map of the area will also be presented.
The resource persons at this community meeting will be:
- Hon. Camillo Gonsalves - Minister of Finance, Economic Planning, Sustainable Development, and Information Technology.
- Ms. Michelle Forbes, Director, NEMO.
- Mr. Christopher Moore, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Center for Tsunami Research/Pacific Marine Environmental Lab, Seattle.
- Mr. Carlos Rodríguez, Global Matrix Engineering, Dominican Republic.
- Ms. Carolina Hincapie, NOAA/NWS ITIC-Caribbean Tsunami Warning Program, Puerto Rico.
All are asked to make a special effort to attend this community meeting on Thursday, 28th February, 2019, beginning at 5:00 p.m. at the Calliaqua Hard Court.