The National Emergency Management Organisation (NEMO), with support from the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross Society, and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), through its Office for Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA); will conduct a Shelter and Shelter Management Training Workshop, from Tuesday 4th to Thursday 6th June, 2019.
The workshop targets Shelter Managers and members of the Shelter Management teams.
The objective of the workshop is to train key personnel about the:
- Principles governing the management of an emergency shelter.
- Roles and Responsibilities of shelter management teams and shelterees.
- The use of the various record-keeping forms.
- Dealing with psychosocial issues that may arise during the activation of an emergency shelter.
- Child protection in emergencies.
The workshop will be held at NEMO’s conference room, beginning 8:30 a.m. each day. The opening ceremony will take place on Tuesday 4th June, at 8:30 a.m.