Such permits are granted on arrival by an Immigration Officer and is valid for one month in the first instance to visitors from International Countries. Six months is issued to visitors from CARICOM countries. Such persons should possess a return ticket and indicate reason for travel, and where they will be staying.

All OECS citizens would be given indefinite stay upon entry and they can live and work if they so desire. CARICOM citizens who possess a CSME certificate, which was issued in their country, would be allowed to work for six (6) months, pending the attainment of one issued by the Ministry of National Security of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.

Residence and work Permits

Persons wishing to take up residence and employment in the state, must first obtain permission to do so. Application should be lodged at the Prime Minister’s Office, Financial Complex, Kingstown.


Visitors to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, who wish to stay longer than the period which was given to them on arrival, can apply for an extension at the Immigration Head Office in Kingstown, or at any of the following Ports: Bequia, Mustique, Canouan and Union Island. There is a cost of EC $25 in revenue stamps.


Ministry of National Security,
4th Floor, Administrative Centre, Bay Street,
Kingstown, Saint Vincent


(784) 457-1426
(784) 456-1111
(784) 457-2152